My thanks to Stephanie for a surprise sample!

I’m going to start by saying that as soon as I smelled the dry leaf, I knew this tea wouldn’t be for me. The base is black tea – a rather bold one at that. I recently discovered I don’t like bold black teas in blends. Overall, I thought this tea was alright; it’s not that I thought it didn’t taste good. The combination of the freeze-dried raspberries and chocolate chips is strong enough to provide balance against the bitter base. I love the taste of the raspberries and chocolate, but I didn’t think it meshed well with this black tea.

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about the history, the manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens, and my favorite herbal tisanes are peppermint, lavender and chrysanthemum. I’m beginning to get into Wuyi oolongs and Chinese blacks, and am always open to exploring African teas. The only teas I truly dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit. (Hibiscus, you’re alright if you’re cold.)

I’m an MFA graduate (nonfiction writing, specifically about nature), and an amateur birder as well as a tea enthusiast. I also like exercising, Tolkien, and Ancient Egypt (for the time being).

How I rate (I’m so used to the American grade system…….):

96-100 I absolutely adore everything about it. One of my absolute favorites. Like ambrosia!!

90-95 Superb quality and very enjoyable.

80-89 Delicious! Pleased with the overall quality.

70-79 Simply, I like it.

60-69 Overall “meh”. Not bad, but not terribly good.

0-59 NOPE.

If there is no rating – I don’t feel experienced enough to rate the tea, or said tea goes beyond rating.

Westchester, NY