drank Magicienne by Nina's Paris

Received this in a swap from Stephanie. Thanks!! :D

I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while. A very good coconut green tea. The dry leaf smells great, a nice balance between the flavors, a light aroma. The liquor is medium-bodied, flavorful, and a little creamy. Unfortunately, the pineapple is somewhat overwhelmed by the coconut.

Courtney

Haha how strange! The pineapple scent alone turned my stomach for this one. I actually sent my lot to Stephanie. :)

Hmmmmm. Maybe my taste buds were off :]

Courtney

It was mine! I’m sensitive to pineapple haha. I wish I had gotten a bunch of coconut.

KiwiDelight

I think we can agree that pineapple is a strange, strange fruit.

Sorry you guys aren’t fans…MORE FOR ME! heh

I really like this one cold brewed. I will make some tonight! :D

KiwiDelight

Oh no, I do like it. For me it just needs MOAR PINEAPPLE. I should try it cold-brewed.

Stephanie

Or mix it with the Den’s Pineapple sencha…oooh!!!

EXCELLENCE

Comments

Courtney

Hmmmmm. Maybe my taste buds were off :]

KiwiDelight

I think we can agree that pineapple is a strange, strange fruit.

Sorry you guys aren’t fans…MORE FOR ME! heh

I really like this one cold brewed. I will make some tonight! :D

Stephanie

Or mix it with the Den’s Pineapple sencha…oooh!!!

EXCELLENCE

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about its history, its manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens, and my favorite herbal tisanes are peppermint, lavender and chrysanthemum. I’m beginning to get into Wuyi oolongs and Chinese blacks, and am always open to exploring African teas. The only teas I truly dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit. (Hibiscus, you’re alright if you’re cold.)

I’m an MFA graduate (nonfiction writing, specifically about nature), and an amateur birder as well as a tea enthusiast. I also like exercising, Tolkien, and Ancient Egypt (for the time being).

How I rate:

96-100 I adore absolutely everything about it. A permanent addition to my stash.

90-95 Superb quality and extremely enjoyable, but not something I’d like to have in my stash all the time, only occasionally (might have to do with personal tastes, depending on what I say in the tasting note).

80-89 Delicious! Pleased with the overall quality.

70-79 Simply, I like it. There are qualities that I find good, but there also are things that aren’t, hence a lower rating that I would have otherwise like to put.

60-69 Overall “meh”. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good.

0-59 No.

If there is no rating: I don’t feel experienced enough to rate the tea, or said tea just goes beyond rating (in a positive way).

Westchester, NY