drank Magicienne by Nina's Paris

Received this in a swap from Stephanie. Thanks!! :D

I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while. A very good coconut green tea. The dry leaf smells great, a nice balance between the flavors, a light aroma. The liquor is medium-bodied, flavorful, and a little creamy. Unfortunately, the pineapple is somewhat overwhelmed by the coconut.

Courtney

Haha how strange! The pineapple scent alone turned my stomach for this one. I actually sent my lot to Stephanie. :)

Hmmmmm. Maybe my taste buds were off :]

Courtney

It was mine! I’m sensitive to pineapple haha. I wish I had gotten a bunch of coconut.

KiwiDelight

I think we can agree that pineapple is a strange, strange fruit.

Sorry you guys aren’t fans…MORE FOR ME! heh

I really like this one cold brewed. I will make some tonight! :D

KiwiDelight

Oh no, I do like it. For me it just needs MOAR PINEAPPLE. I should try it cold-brewed.

Stephanie

Or mix it with the Den’s Pineapple sencha…oooh!!!

EXCELLENCE

Comments

Courtney

Hmmmmm. Maybe my taste buds were off :]

KiwiDelight

I think we can agree that pineapple is a strange, strange fruit.

Sorry you guys aren’t fans…MORE FOR ME! heh

I really like this one cold brewed. I will make some tonight! :D

Stephanie

Or mix it with the Den’s Pineapple sencha…oooh!!!

EXCELLENCE

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about its history, its manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are shou and Japanese greens, and my favorite herbal tisanes are spear/peppermint, lavender and chrysanthemum. I’m currently exploring shou and sheng pu’erh, and any Chinese and Taiwanese teas. African teas are my babies. I adore masala chai – I share with my dad every Friday (“chai Friday” – hee hee). The only teas I truly dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit. I do like hisbiscus, especially iced, though. Not much of a fan of milk oolong either.

I’m an MFA graduate who studied nonfiction writing and am now an editorial assistant. I mostly write nature essays. I’m birder as well as a tea enthusiast. I also like exercising, Tolkien, and Ancient Egypt.

How I rate:

96-100 I adore absolutely everything about it. A permanent addition to my stash.

90-95 Superb quality and extremely enjoyable, but not something I’d necessarily like to have in my stash (might have to do with personal tastes, depending on what I say in the tasting note).

80-89 Delicious! Pleased with the overall quality.

70-79 Simply, I like it. There are qualities that I find good, but there also are things that aren’t, hence a lower rating that I would have otherwise like to put.

60-69 Overall “meh”. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good.

0-59 No.

If there is no rating: I don’t feel experienced enough to rate the tea, or said tea just goes beyond rating (in a positive way).

Westchester, NY