Stephanie was so generous to send me her other sample packet. The experience of this tea is very far from disappointing. The yellow-green dry leaf looks alive – as if they were never snipped from the stem – and its aroma is so full and fresh and vegetal. I can’t count how many times I stuck my nose in the packet before I finally took some leaves out to make some tea!

I brewed this using both Western and dragonwell style, and I very much prefer the latter (partially because dragonwell seems to taste better). The liquor is full-bodied, bright, clean, and refreshing. The flavors are typical (listed below) but – with this dragonwell in particular – are magnified, in that they taste fresher and stronger.

Flavors: Asparagus, Green Beans, Nutty

185 °F / 85 °C 4 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

You should post this review on TeaVivre’s website, too. They’re doing triple points right now AKA $1.50 per review towards future tea purchases!

Funny you mention the scent of the dry leaf- intoxicating, right? I couldn’t believe how great it smelled!

So glad you enjoyed it!

KiwiDelight

One of the best smelling teas EVAR.

Silly question: do I need an account for the points? I should make one anyway. Teavivre is on my “MUST ORDER FROM” list.

KiwiDelight

I did everything. (crosses fingers for the contest)

Stephanie

Yeah, I think you need an account. Good luck!!! We could win more of this tea! Wouldn’t that be great? hehe :)

KiwiDelight

Yes!! I’m also eyeing that Yixing pot…

Comments

Stephanie

So glad you enjoyed it!

KiwiDelight

One of the best smelling teas EVAR.

KiwiDelight

I did everything. (crosses fingers for the contest)

KiwiDelight

Yes!! I’m also eyeing that Yixing pot…

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about its history, its manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are shou and Japanese greens, and my favorite herbal tisanes are spear/peppermint, lavender and chrysanthemum. I’m currently exploring shou and sheng pu’erh, and any Chinese and Taiwanese teas. African teas are my babies. I adore masala chai – I share with my dad every Friday (“chai Friday” – hee hee). The only teas I truly dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit. I do like hisbiscus, especially iced, though. Not much of a fan of milk oolong either.

I’m an MFA graduate who studied nonfiction writing and am now an editorial assistant. I mostly write nature essays. I’m birder as well as a tea enthusiast. I also like exercising, Tolkien, and Ancient Egypt.

How I rate:

96-100 I adore absolutely everything about it. A permanent addition to my stash.

90-95 Superb quality and extremely enjoyable, but not something I’d necessarily like to have in my stash (might have to do with personal tastes, depending on what I say in the tasting note).

80-89 Delicious! Pleased with the overall quality.

70-79 Simply, I like it. There are qualities that I find good, but there also are things that aren’t, hence a lower rating that I would have otherwise like to put.

60-69 Overall “meh”. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good.

0-59 No.

If there is no rating: I don’t feel experienced enough to rate the tea, or said tea just goes beyond rating (in a positive way).

Westchester, NY