Stephanie was so generous to send me her other sample packet. The experience of this tea is very far from disappointing. The yellow-green dry leaf looks alive – as if they were never snipped from the stem – and its aroma is so full and fresh and vegetal. I can’t count how many times I stuck my nose in the packet before I finally took some leaves out to make some tea!

I brewed this using both Western and dragonwell style, and I very much prefer the latter (partially because dragonwell seems to taste better). The liquor is full-bodied, bright, clean, and refreshing. The flavors are typical (listed below) but – with this dragonwell in particular – are magnified, in that they taste fresher and stronger.

Flavors: Asparagus, Green Beans, Nutty

185 °F / 85 °C 4 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

You should post this review on TeaVivre’s website, too. They’re doing triple points right now AKA $1.50 per review towards future tea purchases!

Funny you mention the scent of the dry leaf- intoxicating, right? I couldn’t believe how great it smelled!

So glad you enjoyed it!

KiwiDelight

One of the best smelling teas EVAR.

Silly question: do I need an account for the points? I should make one anyway. Teavivre is on my “MUST ORDER FROM” list.

KiwiDelight

I did everything. (crosses fingers for the contest)

Stephanie

Yeah, I think you need an account. Good luck!!! We could win more of this tea! Wouldn’t that be great? hehe :)

KiwiDelight

Yes!! I’m also eyeing that Yixing pot…

Comments

Stephanie

So glad you enjoyed it!

KiwiDelight

One of the best smelling teas EVAR.

KiwiDelight

I did everything. (crosses fingers for the contest)

KiwiDelight

Yes!! I’m also eyeing that Yixing pot…

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about its history, its manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens, and my favorite herbal tisanes are peppermint, lavender and chrysanthemum. So far I like exploring dark oolongs, Chinese blacks, and, most recently, shou pu’erh. African teas are my babies. The only teas I truly dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit. (Hibiscus – I actually like alone.)

I’m an MFA graduate who studied nonfiction writing. I mostly write nature essays. I’m birder as well as a tea enthusiast. I also like exercising, Tolkien, and Ancient Egypt.

How I rate:

96-100 I adore absolutely everything about it. A permanent addition to my stash.

90-95 Superb quality and extremely enjoyable, but not something I’d like to have in my stash all the time, only occasionally (might have to do with personal tastes, depending on what I say in the tasting note).

80-89 Delicious! Pleased with the overall quality.

70-79 Simply, I like it. There are qualities that I find good, but there also are things that aren’t, hence a lower rating that I would have otherwise like to put.

60-69 Overall “meh”. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good.

0-59 No.

If there is no rating: I don’t feel experienced enough to rate the tea, or said tea just goes beyond rating (in a positive way).

Westchester, NY