Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it’s my 100th tasting note! Woohoooo!! It took me sometime to choose a tea and then I remembered receiving a couple samples of dragonwell from Teavivre’s reviewing contest.

Brewed Dragonwell style.

I could never tire of a good Dragonwell. This is one in which you can’t stop sticking your nose into the packet to savor the aroma of the dry leaf, which smells of ocean and seaweed and fresh vegetables. The liquor is crisp, somewhat thick, and full-bodied, with sweet vegetal notes. Aftertaste is nutty, mostly almonds. Also, the leaf has a lovely color – fresh, bright green – and steeps beautifully in a glass tumbler.

mj

Happy 100 :)

MzPriss

Happy 100!

Cwyn

I have one of their Dragonwell teas and like it, but I think your sample is a more expensive tea.

Comments

mj

Happy 100 :)

MzPriss

Happy 100!

Cwyn

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about its history, its manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens, and my favorite herbal tisanes are peppermint, lavender and chrysanthemum. I’m beginning to get into Wuyi oolongs and Chinese blacks, and am always open to exploring African teas. The only teas I truly dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit. (Hibiscus, you’re alright if you’re cold.)

I’m an MFA graduate (nonfiction writing, specifically about nature), and an amateur birder as well as a tea enthusiast. I also like exercising, Tolkien, and Ancient Egypt (for the time being).

How I rate:

96-100 I adore absolutely everything about it. A permanent addition to my stash.

90-95 Superb quality and extremely enjoyable, but not something I’d like to have in my stash all the time, only occasionally (might have to do with personal tastes, depending on what I say in the tasting note).

80-89 Delicious! Pleased with the overall quality.

70-79 Simply, I like it. There are qualities that I find good, but there also are things that aren’t, hence a lower rating that I would have otherwise like to put.

60-69 Overall “meh”. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good.

0-59 No.

If there is no rating: I don’t feel experienced enough to rate the tea, or said tea just goes beyond rating (in a positive way).

Westchester, NY