Very happy with this. I was looking for a basic electric kettle to heat up water for between one cup to four cups, so I could have a random glass of tea. Or both myself and my BF could take traveler mugs to work with tea in the morning.

With cold water, Filled to max-level, it took about 10 minutes to get to 212 (F). When I finally made a cup of tea with much less water, it took only a couple of minutes to get to 180 for me. It has a nice hold function which keeps your tea at the temp you need. As well as preset temperatures (just click the “temp” button and you rotate through the options).

And I did NOT know this when I purchased it, but after you pour your tea, you just press the + button and a timer starts up, counting down. So you can use that to watch how long your tea has been steeping. It isn’t a very useful timer for me because I want an alert to tell me my 3 minutes are over. But- it does let me know how long it steeped exactly. Helpful!

So far I really love this. It’s going to get tons of use. I was weary at first because reviews on Amazon spoke about rust. But apparently there was an old batch that wasn’t coated or treated properly that had rust issues. It seems they’ve been replacing the defective models (if you dig through amazon comments you’ll find some of these).

Perfect for what I need!

I discovered a love for tea when I started trying to eat healthier. I try to follow a Ketogenic diet (that a very low carb diet, more info here: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto). It has solved so many issues for me. Ranging from Weight to Acne to PSOCs to my mood. Keto has saved my soul.

Downside? No carbs! The pleasure foods of our society are so damaging and so abundant. I needed to find something I loved and adored in order to remain on keto. One place that lacked for me was drinks. I used to be a diligent Mountain Dew drinker so converting to water was a horribly boring task. Tea fills that void and so much more.

I began with Adagio and their Fandom teas. My dorky English-major, video game, anime-loving heart was stolen. Then the collection-bug was struck and here I am. Estatic there’s a website that’s the equivalent of Scent base. (Did I mention my BPAL addition?)

I either drink my tea plain, or make it into Butter Tea. I’m seeking teas that are wonderful plain (without sugar/cream/etc needed). Right now I’m still VERY new to the tea-world, so am not positive what teas I prefer. We’ll find out!

My rating system, roughly:

100 = I will Marry You.
90-99 = Adore. Stockpile time!
70-89 = Good. Wishlisting this stuff!
50-69 = Decent, will finish my stock but not likely to buy again.
40-49 = Not a fan. Will try to sell/trade/give away my stock
00-39 = Crap. Maybe I’ll give it away. Maybe I’ll use it as fertilizer.

I’m also interested into getting into the trading scene! So feel free to contact me if there’s anything in my cupboard you’d be interested in swapping. I have an endless wishlist!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota