Invader Zim was kind enough to send me the rest of his sample packet of this. Octavia’s teas are all VERY expensive so I was curious to see whether or not they are worth the price tag. Judging by this tea alone, I would say that that doesn’t seem to be the case. This was a pretty plain tea, I found it to be slightly smokey in the way that a mild gunpowder tea would be, and I have to agree with Zim on the tobacco flavor. There was also a bit of general earthiness. This one was just okay, but that’s not acceptable when a company’s teas are SICKENINGLY expensive. Go check out their website if you want to see what I’m talking about. But price tag aside, this tea still gave me my green tea fix for the moment and I’m grateful to Invader Zim for sending it to me, thanks again.

CHAroma

I’m not sure I agree with you that their prices are too expensive. (Granted, I only did a cursory look at their website.) But you can get 8 ounces of tea for $15. 8 ounces is A LOT of tea! I’ve paid $9 for only 1 ounce of tea before, and I still don’t think that’s too expensive. Now Samovar is expensive, with some of their teas priced at $50 for 2 ounces!

Comments

CHAroma

I’ll take a quiet life
A handshake of carbon monoxide
No alarms and no surprises, please

Bend, Oregon