Five steeps in and I’m floating. Feeling the sheng energy within me. I love this stuff. So smooth and sweet, aromatic and smokey and a little fruity. Thick mouthfeel, swish it around in my mouth and then it goes down smooth and warm. Wonderful.

Edit: I just came down from my cloud after stabbing myself with the pu’er pick while breaking off more of the tuo cha, it hurt like hell but it’s nothing a bandage won’t fix. I guess this is what happens when you’re a newbie in dealing with breaking pressed pu’er.

Kittenna

Ow!!! That doesn’t sound like fun. If I ever acquire a pu’er pick I will be sure to be careful!

Helena

ouch! maybe floating isn’t such a good thing when your making pu’er

Indigobloom

eeeeep, note to self beware of pu’erh picks!

TeaBrat

This was a tough one!

Scatterbrain

Yeah it really is, very tightly compressed. And mine’s really small now which makes it even harder to pry off a piece.

Garret

YES, be careful with the breaking knives/picks. That particular pick that you are using is a sharp one, but the best I’ve found in my travels. The key is to move slowly, especially with the more tightly compressed cakes/bricks. In order to maintain the integrity of the leaf as best as possible, the process needs to be almost meditative, mindful, as you find the striation of the leaves an work slowly to gently pry the leaves apart, maintaining their wholeness. And never be breaking a cake if you are in a hurry – injury will follow. Be careful out there, people :)

Lynne-tea

YIKES! =\

Comments

Kittenna

Helena

ouch! maybe floating isn’t such a good thing when your making pu’er

Indigobloom

eeeeep, note to self beware of pu’erh picks!

TeaBrat

This was a tough one!

Scatterbrain

Garret

Lynne-tea

YIKES! =\

I’ll take a quiet life
A handshake of carbon monoxide
No alarms and no surprises, please

Bend, Oregon