I can’t believe I’m the first to review this. It seems like most people on Steepster go to Butiki for flavored teas, but their straight teas from what I’ve tasted have been great, and this one is no exception.

This is an excellent tie guan yin. I brewed this one gong fu style in my competetion tasting set, 1 minute each steep. First of all, like the description says, it’s an incredibly silky tea. The thing that struck me most, however, was the incredibly refreshing nature of this tea. I felt as if I was sitting outside in the grass on a comfortably warm day, eating a bowl of vanilla bean Haagen-Dazs while the smells of flowers permeated the air and the sound of a running stream trickled in the background.

But enough poetics… This tea is delightfully silky, floral, sweet, creamy, and posesses a fantastic mineral quality with a vanilla bean aftertaste. Wonderful.

Bonnie

I like their straight tea’s the best too!

Butiki Teas

Fantastic description, very poetic. Your review is enticing me to do a gongfu session with this tea before lunch. :)

Comments

Bonnie

I like their straight tea’s the best too!

Butiki Teas

I’ll take a quiet life
A handshake of carbon monoxide
No alarms and no surprises, please

Bend, Oregon