My new favorite!!! This tea has a strong smokey smell. It retains a smokey flavour once brewed, but is not so strong that is overpowers. Once brewed it makes a medium brown with slight hint of red liqour. The smokey taste is slightly sweet. There is a bit of a smokey after taste but it is not unpleasant. Reminds me not so much of a campfire but of a smoke house, (ie. used to smoke meats). This tea makes you feel warm.

I brewed a second cup and added two organic rose buds (also from Cuppa’T). I was inspired by the posts of Anna Karenina from The Republic of Tea (which is on my wish list). While the smokey flavour is still present, the rose buds smooth out the taste. The rose buds a bit more sweetness. There is also less aftertaste, then when brewed plain. Love this tea!!!

Looking forward to many more cups of this one.

tigress_al

I have never tried this blend because it smells SO smoky, but adding some floral is a wonderful idea.
I might have to try this!