drank Earl Grey Supreme by Harney & Sons

Free sample from Harney and Sons.

This is a bagged tea.

I LOVE bergamot. Pretty much all it takes to get me to like a tea, is to add bergamot. So naturally Earl Grey is my all time favorite tea. I was quite excited to receive this as a free sample. On opening the package and smelling the tea bag, it was strong, sweet, bergamot. I could hardly wait for the tea to steep.

Slight disappointment on the smell of the brewed tea because I could hardly smell any bergamot, but only smell the black tea. But it redeemed itself on the taste, it certainly is strong citrous bergamot. Delish.

Although this tea has a strong bergamot flavour, I don’t seem to be liking the black tea base. It just doesn’t taste quite right to me, not smooth. It seems to me that the black tea base would be bitter, the bergamot is supposed to balance that out, but its not quite the right balance. There is a weird aftertaste that is lingering for a long time.

Overall the tea is still good, but I think I prefer other brands.

whatshesaid

i think i got this sample also, will have to try!