I sort of forgot what this tea was. I am sure no on here on steepster has ever done that :P

The package only said champagne infused tea. When I opened it up, I was put off by the smell becuase it was so overly sweet, fruity, with a little bit of flowery smell. It didn’t really smell like champagne at all, but more like sparkling white wine. The dry tea is very pretty with white tea leaves mixed with flower petals.

Then I looked it up to see the ingredients and I remembered what it was. Champagne infused raspberry. Now it all makes sense.

The smell of the liquor is very much champagne. Only slightly sweet and fruity. A bit more dry like champagne is.

The taste of the tea is not so much champagne. There is a hint of the dryness you get with real champagne. There is a fruity flavour, but not terribly sweet. I wouldn’t say it is raspberry, but it could be. I definitley taste the safflower. I find with most teas meant to taste like wine, I would like to try it iced.

Edit: I left a bit of it in the cup to cool and it definitley tastes much more like champagne when it is cold.