drank Yunnan Impérial by Mariage Frères

Thanks to Sil for this sample.

I can’t recall if I have ever had a straight yunnan before. I find this taste to be odd. Not odd in a bad way, it’s just different than what I expected. I did brew it at work so I have no control over the temp of the water I used but it was probably under boiling point.

The tea brews a nice golden colour. It smells sweet and maybe a hint of vanilla. The tea tastes light and kind of sweet and earthy. There is a bit of an astringent aftertaste but it not too bad.

This is a nice light breakfast tea in comparison to a strong one like English breakfast.

You’ve beaten me to getting a chance to try this lol. One of the random teas that my mother picked up for me on vacation.

Lala

I figured you were busy tasting your other 300 teas. Ha ha.

lala – and you’d be correct. Drinking the stuff i CAN get rid of quickly lol