drank Black Buckwheat Tea by Tiger Line

Super excited to receive this in a swap from Sil.

My granparents are farmers, so growing up I would often eat raw/whole wheat, barley, buckwheat, etc. To this day I love chewing on raw, fresh grains. Hello (natural) carbs!

This tea smells and tastes like heavy bread or pretzels. Definitely a buckwheat taste. I actually ate the buckwheat after it was steeped. So good. The tea is also slightly sweet on its own which is nice.

I have been looking for wheat/barley teas like mugicha and soba cha at asian/international grocery stores. Haven’t found what I am looking for just yet. Although I am sure I could call up my grandpa and source it for free…

haha magic mystery tea win! On a side note lupicia has some barley/wheat type teas that aren’t bad and i think Azzrian had found a couple a while back as well.

Lala

ha ha thanks! I will have to check that out. Harneys also have/had a soba cha tea I will have to check into. I wonder if drinking carbs is better than eating them ? ;)

LOL you let me know…except in this case you also ate them :)

Lala

Hmmm…you have a good point. Damn carbs get me every time!

jessiwrites

I ordered a sample of the Soba Cha from Harney & Sons… sounds delicious!

Lala

I look forward to your tasting note to see if it is good or not.

Comments

Lala

LOL you let me know…except in this case you also ate them :)

Lala

Hmmm…you have a good point. Damn carbs get me every time!

jessiwrites

I ordered a sample of the Soba Cha from Harney & Sons… sounds delicious!

Lala

I look forward to your tasting note to see if it is good or not.

I am a lifetime tea lover.

I love iced teas and cold brews.

I am in love with the whole experience of tea.

Saskatchewan, CANADA