I think that this tea is called tart grapefruit but I am not quite sure because when I got home the packaging said banana split…

The dry tea smells deliciously like a freshly sliced ruby red grapefruit.

The tea tastes like grapefruit but is not tart at all. Slightly sweet. However, there is a strong peppery spicey aftertaste. The same you get with eating a real grapefruit. As the tea cools, it gets a little more tart.

The owner of Cuppa T recommended a long steep time for this tea but I failed to inquire what “long” actually meant. I steeped for 4 minutes, so I will try for longer next time to see if it makes a more tart tea.