drank Opus Rouge Rooibos by Teavana

This tea is not what I expected at all. First of all, there were raisins in the blend, I loathe raisins. But I looked past that and thought I should give it a try.

All I could smell was raisin in the dry blend. After brewing, the tea liquor is dark, dark red and smells like grape popsicle flavour. I read the description of the tea which says the blend was inspired by the best wines. I do not get wine from this blend at all, and I am addicted to wine almost as much as I am to tea. I am tasting what I would describe as unsweetened purple grape juice. There is a slight peppery taste, which I guess you could say would be similar to a peppery taste you can get from the tannins in red wine. There is a general fruity taste to the tea, orange, black current, blackberry. There may be a very slight hint of vanilla underneath all of the other fruity flavours.

I think this tea would taste more like juice if I had added any sweetener. I think it makes an ok herbal blend. I am looking forward to blending this with a few other teas to see what turns out. I would like to try it cold brewed and I guess I could use it as “pretend” wine.

whatshesaid

Wth! Somehow I had unfollowed you! Writing reviews on my iPhone no doubt…. One misplaced finger tap, ugh!!