I know I have had this before, not the tea, but the cake. This tea smells and tastes just like a raspberry sponge cake with custard. Mmmmmm. Not sure where or when I have had this, but it is bringing up memories of a small individual sized round sponge cake topped with thick custard and a raspberry sauce.

The dry tea is a beautiful mix of dried raspberries, black tea, and chopped raspberry leaves. It smells like sweet and tart raspberries. The brewed tea smells much the same. The brewed tea tastes just like a raspberry sponge cake. There is a creaminess to the tea, but not so much like cream, more like custard. There is also a light sponge cake or angel food cake taste in the background. Sweet enough on its own, but not overpoweringly sweet.

This is my first Bluebird Tea and I am SUPER impressed. Definitely going to try this as a cold brew as well.

Thanks so much Kittylovestea for sharing this with me!