As part of my tea fun series, I made this one and 52 teas Butterbeer as iced cubes. A long time ago my sister got me these silicon ice cube trays from IKEA in the shapes of crosses and arrows. I never use them because they are so hard to get the ice cubes out of. But I thought for fun, I should use them for my tea cubes.

I planned to make the tea cubes and then put them in soda water. I brewed both teas double strength and froze them in ice cubes after they cooled. I also added some sugar while the teas were hot.

I mixed a full cup of ice cubes, one each of butterbeer and cherry vanilla cola, in a half cup of soda water.

It didn’t turn out as expected. The tea cubes took forever to melt, so I couldn’t really drink my fancy drinks while they were cold. Initially all I could taste was straight soda water, which is not too delicious. I think it would have been better just to make tea popsicles or mix the cold tea with the soda water. Essentially each tea just tasted like the respective tea, but with a bit of carbonation, most of the carbonation had dissipated by the time the cubes melted. It was still good, just had to wait forever to drink it. I guess I took the long way around this time.

I am a lifetime tea lover.

I love iced teas and cold brews.

I am in love with the whole experience of tea.

Saskatchewan, CANADA