drank Sweet Merlot Black Tea by 52teas

Received this in a swap from Tigress Al.

I am happy to try this one, I almost have just as much wine in my house as I have tea, and I have lots of tea.

The dry tea smells strongly of super sweet merlot. Like the kind you get in a box, not a bottle.

The brewed tea tastes a bit more like fermented concord grapes. Not quite like wine yet. The black tea is much more prominent than the wine flavours. There is a bit of spice and stringency in the aftertaste which reminds me of the astringency you can get with a dry red wine. I added some brown rock sugar and it brought out a bit more of the grape flavour.

I would not necessarily describe this as a wine tea, more of a grape tea, but I still think it was a good effort at trying to mimic a merlot taste. I think this one may be better iced. I have a container chilling in the fridge as I type.

Thanks Tigress!

tigress_al

It is better iced!

Comments

tigress_al

It is better iced!

I am a lifetime tea lover.

I love iced teas and cold brews.

I am in love with the whole experience of tea.

Saskatchewan, CANADA