drank Silver Buds Yabao by Verdant Tea

From the Great Canadian TTB.

This is my first crack at white pu’erh. I am a bit skeptical due to my experiences with black pu’erh but I am willing to try.

I did a quick rise as recommended by Verdant and steeped for only 2 minutes. The recommended steeping time was 4 minutes but I wanted to keep it light just in case.

The smell of the brewed tea is slightly sweet. There is definitely a pine scent. But it is not fresh pine. It reminds me of an old, dried out Christmas tea thats been sitting for a while after the holiday season. I am also getting a burnt sugar taste, like when you are BBQing and the BBQ sauce burns on the grill.

The brewed tea is quite unexpectedly sweet. There is a bit of that old pine flavour. There is that slight burnt BBQ sauce flavour but it is much stronger in smell. There are a strong vegetal and floral components to the taste. Reminds me of dandelions but without the bitterness. KS suggested white pu’erh tasted similar to white peony tea, and I would agree. Except the pu’erh is much thicker and more in depth I flavour.

I wouldn’t say this is something I would buy for myself or stock in my cupboard. I certainly think I would try other white varieties if they came to me but I wouldn’t search them out. At lease I can drink this colour of pu’erh :P

JustJames

this i like as a latte before bed =0), makes me think of bamboo. i just sit it on the counter and forget about it…. 5, 6 minutes. i’ve never had a problem oversteeping.

Dexter3657

Mandala Silver Buds is amazing – that would be my recommendation for white Pu’erh. :))

Cavocorax

I could never get this one to work for me. :(

Comments

JustJames

Dexter3657

Cavocorax

I could never get this one to work for me. :(

I am a lifetime tea lover.

I love iced teas and cold brews.

I am in love with the whole experience of tea.

Saskatchewan, CANADA