This one came from Terri HarpLady!

This one has been on my shopping list, now newly named wishlist (?), for a long time. I love flowering teas. They are definitely beautiful to watch bloom, it is almost like I have no idea how that even works. Definitely an art. But I don’t really care for the taste of flowering teas. So when I came across this one, I was super curious, it was a flowering tea but made of black tea. Right up my alley.

I only used 2 cones for a cup because I wasn’t sure how strong it would be. In hindsight, I should have used 3 or 4 cones but I have enough to try again. Definitely beautiful to watch the cones “flower”.

This one brewed up a sweet, malty black tea. I am getting honey notes, but very specifically barley honey notes. It is quite mild on the boldness scale but I think that is more to do with not using enough tea. This one is similar to some of the black pearl teas I have tried but with more sweetness.

Edit: I did a resteep with the same two cones, but for 4 minutes. Definitely a lot stronger with the 4 minute steep time. less honey flavour, it is strong but not bold. Pretty smooth taste. I think, though, I would prefer more tea with less steep time.

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

I almost bought this one the other day. Perhaps I should have! :/

NofarS

I also kind of liked the “shopping list” label better.
These look fantastic.

Lala

To me a shopping list and wish list are two different things. Ha ha. But I guess I can just keep using it the same as before. Its whatever I make it be I guess.

__Morgana__

Agree. Shopping list means I’m more committed to buying it. Wish list is more pie in the sky. ;-)

Comments

Stephanie

I almost bought this one the other day. Perhaps I should have! :/

NofarS

I also kind of liked the “shopping list” label better.
These look fantastic.

Lala

__Morgana__

I am a lifetime tea lover.

I love iced teas and cold brews.

I am in love with the whole experience of tea.

Saskatchewan, CANADA