drank Red Jade by Eco-Cha Artisan Teas

The dry leaves have the scent of Cream of Wheat cereal and they are thin, blackish-grey and twisted.
The liquor is a clear red-clay color and the wet leaves have turned that color too. I get the scent of persimmon, hay, barley, hops.
The flavors!!! This tea really has unique flavors!!!!! I had to close my eyes to get all the tastes that were coming thru. I caught tamarind and sweet potato first.
This really is a complex tea because the flavors change with each sip!!! It’s like a tea trip and my taste buds are trip pin’!!!!!
As it cools, I catch persimmon , butternut squash, and pumpkin. Very fall flavors and there is a slight astringency too.
Chefs and wine tasters would dig this tea,,,,I used to do lots of wine tasting and I never caught this many flavors from wine!!!!!!!
This tea is very intriguing and Far Out!!!!
This is why I bought the Steepster Select Club. Thank you Eco Cha and Steepster!!!

From the Steepster Select Box, January 2014

Callipygian

Great review Lee, I’m definitely flavor trippin’ on this tea. Astute observation comparing this tea to wine tasting, all the complexity of color, mouth-feel, tannin and bitterness, and wild array of flavors are easy to translate into tea-tasting.

Thanks!!! :)

Lion

We are so on the same page. I thought the dry leaves smelled like pumpkin and as soon as I did an initial rinse of the leaves and smelled them wet and warm they smelled EXACTLY like cream of wheat or malt-o-meal type cereal. I’ll agree that this tea is very complex in many ways. I was definitely impressed by that.

Cool! Thanks!!

Comments

Callipygian

Thanks!!! :)

Pure Tea Flowers
Dried Citrus
Fresh Turmeric w/ Honey & Lemon

I like Ayurveda, Yoga,
walking, stand-up comedy clubs.

Love chefs and foodies. Love veggies!!!!

Also enjoy bonsai, xeriscape gardening, my doggie, & all nature.

Preferred brewing method: Gaiwan

Favorite Varietals:
Ye Sheng (wild)
Yunnan Da Ye (large leaf)

Namaste!