The dry leaves are tightly rolled into a ball with stem so they look like tiny crabapples. They have the distinctive oolong scent with a hint of pineapple and a tiny bit of strawberry blossom.
The wet leaves unfurl into little green branches with 3 leaves and stay a pretty deep green.
The liquor is a beautiful clear forest green color. I love this color bc I also love green tea and its beauty. The wet leaves smell like flowers and cooked lentils. The liquor has those same notes.
I am very excited to try this tea.
The flavors are very floral. I took my cup outside in the garden to listen to the birds. The aroma and flavor is nasturtium and a hint of pineapple. I am catching a bit of astringency in the end.
This is a very cleansing tea. Could be a great one served after a dessert at the end of a meal.

**My second steeping, I added way less water. I feel that I might have added a touch too much water with the first one. Now the liquor is a deep golden color and the liquor has a very distinctive pine essence. There is astringency and it is very cleansing. Very interesting and expands my knowledge of oolongs because I have never tasted one like this!!

From the Steepster Select Box, January 2014

I am glad that the Steepster Select club gives us a couple servings of the same tea to try because I think I gave this one too much water the first time by accident and didn’t get to experience it correctly.
Today was much different and I really got some great notes from this and upped my rating as a result.
The dry leaves have a nutty, creamy aroma and it is great to brew this tea in a vessel that allows you to watch the tiny little " crabapples" open up. As it brews, the floral aromas awaken and give off a creamy, flowery, fruit candy scent.
The liquor has a beautiful golden jewel color and the flavor tastes like pineapple cream cake with creamy flower notes. Very Hawaiian in essences. This is very beautiful tea!!!

Flavors: Cream, Fruit Tree Flowers