drank Iron Goddess of Mercy by Rishi Tea

This tea is packaged in air-tight, oxygen free packaging from Taiwan within the Rishi box.
The dry leaves are tightly rolled little nuggets and they have a scent of soda bread and minerals.
Brewed, the leaves unfurl into curly-cues with stems and the liquor is a dark golden color with essence of toasted chestnut just as the packaging suggests. It really smells wonderful.

Wow, the flavor is smooth. It is a roasted flavor but not a strong roast, it is just enough.
As the tea cools, subtle flavors and scents of vanilla orchid come thru. There is a tiny tiny astringency.
Really delicious and awakening tea but not harsh with caffeine, it’s just right.
Lovely tea.

Upon the second steeping, I am getting a bit of stomach upset as more tannins are probably coming through with the leaves being more open. The Iron Goddess is not showing me mercy :( :( :( Must be sure to drink this one with a full lunch.

Flavors: Chestnut, Flowers, Vanilla

Terri HarpLady

Yeah…unfortunately the list of teas I can drink on an empty stomach is short, (some black teas, mostly from China or Taiwan) & the list I can’t drink when I first wake up is LONG: green, white, oolong, puerh, ceylon, darjeeling. I always have to eat a good meal before drinking any of those.
On the occasion that a tea upsets my tummy, starchy food (like sweet potatoes!) is always helpful.

Lee

I have a breakfast of fruit in the morning and it is fine to drink my whites and some of my Oolongs with but I drink greens with lunch because of the stomach upset. Now I learned some of these Oolongs are more green. I guess this is considered one of the green Oolongs? Oh it really hurt my stomach :(

Lee

Lol,,it is not deterring me much. Cooking up some chickpeas with shallots and fresh herbs then I have a green tea left to review!!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Tea is Life. I love Tea!

Pure Tea Flowers
Dried Citrus
Fresh Turmeric w/ Honey & Lemon

I like Ayurveda, Yoga,
walking, stand-up comedy clubs.

Love chefs and foodies. Love veggies!!!!

Also enjoy bonsai, xeriscape gardening, my doggie, & all nature.

I like the Steepster Select Club because it is allowing me to taste teas that I might not get a chance to taste!

Namaste!