drank Assam Banaspaty by Camellia Sinensis

Assam Banaspaty from the plains of Assam, Banaspaty garden. India.
The dry leaf smells like malt and cacao beans. They are tiny dark black-brown twisty threads but broken into halves and tiny bits. There are a few blonde ones mixed in too.
I steeped this at 200F for 3 minutes. It created a deep red liquor with scents of malt and hints of orange.
The wet leaves look like chopped reddish brown fall leaves and smell like baked brown bread.
The flavor is good. It has a touch of astringency from a taste like orange zest but just a touch,,, not overbearing at all and would be good for people who add a splash of milk. I love this tea, it really tastes like malt and orange zest. Delicious.

I added some of my homemade almond milk to this and it is heavenly!!!! I see this as a good base for when I make Chai since it has that orange hint in there and blends with milk.
____________________________________________________________________________
7/19/14
Having a bit of this today with milk. Bold, citrus, malt, good.
____________________________________________________________________________
7/31/14
Having a cup with milk in it. It needs the milk and can take sugar too though I didn’t put any.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Malt, Orange Zest