drank Yame Shincha #3 by Tea Wing

Wowie Yummmmmmmmmm!!! When you open the package, this shincha smells like salty chicken soup.
I took the suggested 175F temp down to 170F and I steeped shorter too for about 15 seconds for personal preference. I do not want my green tea burned so I always baby it so much.
This tastes fantastic!!!!!!! Tastes like chicken soup and the cooked leaves are tiny and some do get into your cup but I ate some and they taste like fresh sweet baby spinach in your soup. Absolutely no bitterness, no astringency.
I have some gyokuro from Teawing as well and they have the most excellent Japanese green teas!!!!!!!!
Yummm Yummm,,,I’m glad I have another package of this. I had to rush and meet the post lady yesterday so my Steepster Select box would not cook in the hot desert sun. When it cools off in the desert,,,I will be ordering some of this. I need to drink my gyokuro first anyway ;)
__________________________________________________________________________
7/30/14
Having my other packet from the Select club this morning. I usually don’t drink a tea this savory in the morning but I had some water that was going down in temp to use up (I do not waste water here in the desert) so I grabbed this. It is soooooo delicious!!!!! I am almost detecting a note of cream this morning along with the chicken soup flavor. It has a great mouthfeel and flavor. This is an excellent tea to have with savory food that is for sure but I am enjoying it as a breakfast tea this morning. Plus, in Hawaii, they had miso soup, salmon, rice, etc. for breakfast options so I am sure they eat this way in the morning in Japan. It would be a perfect tea to pair with those foods. IT is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Steepster Select Box, May 2014

Flavors: Chicken Soup

TheTeaFairy

Chicken soup, so interesting and funny!
When the used green leaves are sweet and tender, I add them to my green smoothies the next morning, super nutritious.

Lee

Oh what a good idea!!! I will do that next time!!!

TheTeaFairy

Oh, and I add oolong leaves (mostly green Tie Guan Yin) in my stir fry…I’m a total tea geek!

Lee

Oh no,,,not gonna add any Tie Guan Yin to any food. I don’t even like drinking Tie Guan Yin that much,,,maybe I haven’t found the best settings for that one for me. It hurts my stomach too.

TheTeaFairy

Don’t worry, there are plenty of other types of tea around too keep you busy and stomach ache free!
(Damn iPad, I had “unfollowed” you my mistake, I just clicked “follow” again so don’t be surprised to receive a notice, lol)

Lee

Oh ok lol!!! Yeah I’m on my Grampa-box lol. When are they gonna get the ap up and running for Steepster?

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Chicken soup, so interesting and funny!

Lee

Oh what a good idea!!! I will do that next time!!!

Tea is Life. I love Tea!

Pure Tea Flowers
Dried Citrus
Fresh Turmeric w/ Honey & Lemon

I like Ayurveda, Yoga,
walking, stand-up comedy clubs.

Love chefs and foodies. Love veggies!!!!

Also enjoy bonsai, xeriscape gardening, my doggie, & all nature.

I like the Steepster Select Club because it is allowing me to taste teas that I might not get a chance to taste!

Namaste!