5/29/14

Origin: Yunnan Spring 2014

Dry Leaf: All buds that have turned to golden, tender, soft downy pretties!!! Scents of honey, malt, butter cookie.

Method: Western 190F 1.5 tsp 8oz H2O steep 3’ 22oz ceramic teapot

Wet Leaf: All milk chocolate brown colored buds, all the same size,,honey and cocoa scent.

Liquor: Wild dark honey color,,beautiful with scents of malt, cocoa, the wild honey, and butter cookie.

Flavor: Surprising citrus note up front with some pepper then honey and malt blend in to finish.

Very beautiful tea that I must do Gong Fu style but this morning just wanted a big mug of goodness and this tea is definitely good!!!!

5/31/14
Gong Fu session this morning,,,,190F, 1.5 tsp 3.38 oz pot
10” rinse
30” golden sunflower liquor,,malt scent with a hint of orange cream and honey
40” deeper golden color,, malt
1’ flavor fading, citrus notes leave and subtle malt is left
1’10” liquor a lighter golden, leaves saying farewell. Beautiful tea :)

Flavors: Citrus, Honey, Malt

1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML
donkeytiara

excellent review. clear, concise and just about the tea. I always appreciate that, as that’s why I’m here on this site!

how many YS blacks have you tried

Thanks *donkeytiara !!

Lee

*apt I guess I have tried 4 or 5 and they are all excellent ;)

and which one was your favorite? meant to add that haha

Lee

So far of the ones I have tried, the Spring 2014 Fu Shou Mei Feng Qing Black Tea :)

thanks!

ur welcome :)

Comments

donkeytiara

how many YS blacks have you tried

Thanks *donkeytiara !!

Lee

*apt I guess I have tried 4 or 5 and they are all excellent ;)

and which one was your favorite? meant to add that haha

Pure Tea Flowers
Dried Citrus
Fresh Turmeric w/ Honey & Lemon

I like Ayurveda, Yoga, Zumba,
walking, stand-up comedy clubs.

Love chefs and foodies. Love veggies!!!!

Also enjoy bonsai, xeriscape gardening, my doggie, & all nature.

Preferred brewing method: Gaiwan

Favorite Varietals:
Ye Sheng (wild)
Yunnan Da Ye (large leaf)

Namaste!