Origin: Grown wild in the mountains west of Mang Shi, Dehong; Yunnan, China.
Varietal-Wild Tree Purple Varietal (a primitive camelia sinensis varietal from which camelia sinensis var. assamica originated) (from Canton tea)
Spring 2012

Dry Leaf: Scents of dried fruits, dried cherries. Flattened then slightly twisted ribbons of dark brownish purple.
Method: 4 oz gaiwan
2 tsp tea 200F
10" rinse
1’/1’15"/2’/2’/3’/3’

Wet Leaf: Flattened, brown ribbons with scents of wood and prune. The leaves are medium to large size purple. All single leaves that appear to have been folded, flattened, then twisted before drying.

Liquor: Deep, clear, amber jewel. Scent of malt, dried prune.
Flavor: Wood, prune, tobacco, malt,,,,later steepings, honey.
Gets sweeter with each steeping,,,the other flavors step back though. The flavors end with honey.
__________________________________________________________________________
7/9/14
Boy is this good. Having a cup that I brewed easily in a Pyrex cup at 200F for 3 minute steep. Liquor is so beautiful, deep golden orange and clear. Very rich and complex. This is one that I will keep in my cupboard. Subtle smoke, sweet prune, honey, touch of tobacco, touch of malt. So mesmerizing. Love this.

Flavors: Dried Fruit, Honey, Malt, Tobacco, Wood

Pure Tea Flowers
Dried Citrus
Fresh Turmeric w/ Honey & Lemon

I like Ayurveda, Yoga, Zumba,
walking, stand-up comedy clubs.

Love chefs and foodies. Love veggies!!!!

Also enjoy bonsai, xeriscape gardening, my doggie, & all nature.

Preferred brewing method: Gaiwan

Favorite Varietals:
Ye Sheng (wild)
Yunnan Da Ye (large leaf)

Namaste!