drank Hazelnut by Tea Licious

Got this from Tealicious as a sample via their discussion thread (Thanks again!). Smelled yummy when I opened the pouch so I decided to give it a whirl on this cold, snowy (yes, it’s April!) Monday. I’m pretty sure I really like it. I think all these teas that have coffee influence (this and Teavana’s JavaVana) are a bit confusing to my tongue. It thinks it’s getting tea and then there are hints of coffee flavor, and real coffee flavor, not the girly coffee drinks I normally get. The only downside to tea-coffee beverages is that while I expect there to be loads of sugar in the coffee versions, when I add too much brown sugar splenda mix to the tea ones all I taste is the brown sugar and it’s too sweet (by God, what’s happened to me?!?). Maybe I just need to explore alternative sweeteners. Maybe I’ll try a second steeping tomorrow with a little sweetened condensed milk.

It’s also possible that it got a tad overbrewed as my puppy didn’t think 3 minutes of cudde time was enough.

Hello!
I’m Amanda, and I’m new to the world of tea. I got sucked in by a sample at Teavana and have been exploring ever since. I prefer loose tea but will slum it with the occasional, high quality bag.

I live just outside Chicago with my husband and our dog.