drank Green Pina Colada by Tea Licious

Got this as a sample from Tea Licious (thanks again!) primarily for my husband (he’s a green tea guy, me, not as much), but was in the mood for something different than my usual flavored black teas yesterday. It smelled heavenly in the pouch so I decided to give it a try.

I like my tea strong (since I’m used to black tea) so I used the whole sample, a bit more than the typical 1 tsp per cup.

The taste is subtle, like most flavored greens, with a pineapple finish. It’s odd to me how tea can almost taste juicy on the back of your tongue, but it’s happened with this one and an apricot one I have as well so it must be commonish. There is also a slight taste of coconut. Since I’ve been looking for a good coconut tea, I’d love for that to stand out more.

My husband liked it too.

I’d still prefer it to have a stronger flavor, but that’s just my personal preference.

Hello!
I’m Amanda, and I’m new to the world of tea. I got sucked in by a sample at Teavana and have been exploring ever since. I prefer loose tea but will slum it with the occasional, high quality bag.

I live just outside Chicago with my husband and our dog.