When I first saw this was part of the January Steepster Select box, I was a little disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, I love chai and I LOVE Yogic Chai, but, I thought that I had tried this one already. And while I have tried a BUNCH of Yogic Chai’s blends, I haven’t tried their original… so, no longer disappointed! Instead, I’m really thrilled to finally be trying the original after having tried the other blends.

And this one is so good. Nice balance of spices, not too spicy, not too mild… but just right. The Assam does not taste bitter, it is strong and malty and makes a very smooth base for these spices. Yum! I took my first few sips without additions, then added a bit of turbinado sugar, and then made a latte… I like it all three ways, but my favorite is with just a little turbinado sugar. The spices are stronger; I think that the milk in the latte sort of mutes the flavor just a bit. Still delicious and warming, though!