drank Strawberry Orange Scone by 52teas

YUM!

I definitely had my doubts about this tea. If I were to visit a bakery and see a strawberry orange scone I probably would pass on it in favor of a lemon scone or something else. The combination of strawberry and orange simply does not appeal to me. I don’t know why.

But it didn’t take long for me to change my mind about the flavor combination because it really tastes amazing. The orange dominates this cup and it tastes sweet yet tangy, and even a little bitter. Normally, I don’t really like that bitter orange pith taste, but, somehow, in this cup, it works. The strawberry is more of an undertone compared to the strength of the orange, but it is nice and sweet, and it is really noticeable in the aftertaste, with that little bit of berry tingle that tickles the tongue.

The pastry flavor of the scone is there too. I do wish there was more of that buttery element to this – Frank manages to do butter flavors so well! I find that this misses butter, or perhaps clotted cream, so I think that this tea is even better with a splash of milk to it to tie it all together and finish the scone flavor for me.

It’s really, really delicious.

Lisbet

Ok, I didn’t want to try this before, but now I do :) Sounds good all of a sudden. Good review!

Comments

Lisbet

I am obsessed with tea!