drank Oatmeal Raisin Cookie by 52teas

I was a bit worried about this tea after reading the reviews and noticing a common theme amongst them: this tea tastes like grape. I love grapes. But, I’m not a fan of grape flavored things, I don’t like grape ice pops or candies or soft drinks, I’m not even crazy about grape juice although I’d prefer grape juice (or wine) over artificial grape flavored things. But I love Darjeeling and that note of muscatel, and I think I’ve even tried a grape flavored tea that I liked from Lupicia and… now that I think about it, even one from Den’s.

And when I opened the pouch, I could definitely smell the grape. Once brewed, yep… grape.

The flavor is indeed grape-like, but, I notice other flavors in there too. I notice an ever-so-faint note of oatmeal, and a brown sugar taste too. Maybe a hint of butter, but, I would like for the butter taste to be a little stronger. It definitely tastes more grape than raisin … which, of course, I realize that raisins are in fact grapes, but, when I bite into a raisin, it has it’s own distinct flavor.

It is a tasty tea, but, it just doesn’t really deliver the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie flavor. It is flavorful, and I will certainly enjoy it while I have it, but this isn’t Frank’s best attempt. I do look forward to trying the Red Hot Cinnamon Chai in the next day or two, though!

LiberTEAS

As I continue to sip this, I notice the flavors develop a little. It still doesn’t scream out “OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE” but it has those subtle flavors slowly building in the background. I actually am liking this more as I sip it, so I am going to increase my initial rating slightly.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

it never does taste like a oatmeal cookie does it, but its still really good, i drank all mine up pretty quick, i likes it :)

LiberTEAS

No, I don’t think that I would ever take a blind taste test of this and think “Oatmeal Raisin Cookie” but, it is very tasty, all the same.

imma have to get some more of it myself lol

AmazonV

Luckily being forewarned i wasn’t gunning for cookie and ended up thinking it was a good cup of tea, just a grape-y tea :)

Comments

LiberTEAS

imma have to get some more of it myself lol