I have TeaEqualsBliss to thank for sending me some of this, and I’m thrilled to be trying it. As I am sure you’re all aware, I LOVE Earl Grey, so I’m always happy to try a new variety.

The aroma is quite delightful, smelling of honey, citrus and a hint of flower. The infusion smells like a mellower version of the dry leaf, still quite honey like, but the citrus and floral tones have softened significantly.

The flavor is very pleasant. The honeybush offers its usual honey-like sweetness, and a slightly herbaceous as well as a nutty flavor. The bergamot is citrus-y but less floral than the aroma would have led me to believe. It is a snappy bergamot flavor, bright and tangy.

An unusual yet very enjoyable Earl Grey… great for later in the evening when I want to limit my caffeine intake.