drank Green Tea by Hampstead Tea

My usual response to a bagged tea is “ugh” … and generally, I procrastinate trying it because of that automatic response. But, this is really a very pleasing green tea … surprisingly good, especially considering it’s a bagged tea.

It has a strong green flavor – that is, strongly vegetative, with grassy undertones and an overtone that resembles mild steamed vegetables that have been lightly buttered. A hint or two of kelp in there too, but, only a hint, nothing that I find to be overpowering or off-putting.

I’m actually quite enjoying this, it has a smooth, relaxing kind of flavor that gently restores as I sip it. Then again, I’ve been quite impressed thus far with the tea offerings from Hampstead Tea, this tea just reaffirms that opinion.