I am tasting this tea thanks to Kashyap – thank you very much!

I am drinking this non-latte, with just a little turbinado sugar to accent the spice.

So, I am sure most of you know by now, I love chai, and I tend to have an affinity for the spicier chai blends, but, I also like the subtler chai blends as well. This blend falls somewhere in between the two extremes, as it is neither what I’d categorize as super-spicy nor is it by any means subtle. I’d say it is somewhere in between, leaning more toward the spicy than the not-so-spicy.

What I am really liking about this chai is that the spices are very bright and distinct. I can taste the cardamom. I can taste the clove and the pepper. I can taste the ginger, and I can taste the cinnamon. At first, I found that the cinnamon seemed to be the strongest flavor, but, now as I am half finished with the cup, I find that isn’t the case anymore, and the set of spices seem pretty well-balanced.

I like that this is spicy, but not too spicy. I like that I can taste the tea base (a blend of Ceylon and Assam) beyond the strong spices. I really like this. It is a very warm, deliciously soothing cup of chai … and I can’t wait to try it as a latte… perhaps I’ll do that tomorrow!

New terminology for me:
Turbinado sugar and the company Stauffs Coffee Roasters and selling chai tea?

might you consider viewing this website for spice and tea:

www.spiceandtea.com

offering blogs, recipes news and information on teas and spices.

seule771

With your mentioning of Turbinado sugar; this spice company has quite a variety of sugars: blueberry sugar, coconut sugar, Dark Cocoa sugar, espresso sugar, Ginger sugar, Green Chili sugar, Habanero sugar, lemon sugar, and lime sugar.

This I note from just having viewed the site again, just now. Oh well, happy teas.

Kashyap

so clad you enjoyed this..I make it all in 3# batches by hand and I use only the best direct sourced spices that I can find…I so appreciate your comments

Comments

seule771

New terminology for me:
Turbinado sugar and the company Stauffs Coffee Roasters and selling chai tea?

might you consider viewing this website for spice and tea:

www.spiceandtea.com

offering blogs, recipes news and information on teas and spices.

Kashyap