drank Lotus Ancien by The Tao of Tea

I am really glad that I checked the Tao of Tea website before steeping this tea – from the appearance, I would have guessed this to be an Oolong or a black tea (the leaves do not look as green as the photo would suggest), instead, they are rather dark, like a chocolate brown.

The tea brews to a surprisingly pale color (at least, paler than I expected considering the color of the dry leaf).

This tea is amazingly good. One of the best green teas I’ve had, period. The flavor is nutty, sweet, with a deliciously sweet vanilla-y taste. I taste the anise notes as suggested in the tasting notes. It tastes creamy and floral and it is SO good. I think I may have to consider ordering some of this, as I need to send the rest of this sample to my SororiTea Sister.

Kashyap

I get this for a friend of mine at least several times a year because its their absolute favorite and they have a uncanny knack for brewing this tea perfectly

LiberTEAS

I brewed this in my breville, and it turned out awesome. I got two very flavorful steeps out of it. But, I do wish now that I would have steeped it in my gaiwan, I think it would have been even better.

Comments

Kashyap

LiberTEAS