First of all, thank you to Amy Oh for sending me a bit of this chai. This is one I’ve been wanting to try since I’ve seen the tasting notes here on Steepster… and thank you, Amy, for this opportunity to try it.

As some of you know, I used to blend and flavor tea. My most popular blend was my Masterpiece Chai, and this is a chai that I took well over a year of testing and tasting to get the recipe just right. I’ve tried quite a few chai blends from other companies since that time (and even before that time, as my thinking was that if I could find the “right” chai made by someone else, I needn’t invest the time to create my own blend, you know?) My findings are that I’ve discovered many wonderful chai blends since I’ve closed my business, but, before I started blending to create my blend, there were very few that that I tried that I would consider “good” and none that were just what I was looking for which is why I decided to embark on my own.

Since that time, I’ve tasted many really good chai, but, I still have yet to find one that lives up to my own. (Gosh, I sound so humble, do I not?) And this one is REALLY REALLY GOOD. But, I can’t compare it with my own, because this one is quite different. I did not put saffron in my blend and that makes quite a difference, as does the burdock root.

But, this is REALLY good. I love the interesting flavor that the burdock root and saffron offer this blend. It is so well-rounded; a very pleasing sip from start to finish.

I really like this.

potatowedges

I totally agree. This is something special—very different from what I normally look for in a chai (for this one I don’t even make it with milk because it gets too distracting), but it’s fantastic. I’ll have to have some of this tomorrow morning…

TeaBrat

I’m so glad you liked it! I have no idea why I had such a weird reaction to it, but thankfully it found a good home. :)

LiberTEAS

@Amy – I don’t know either… but, sometimes some things just don’t agree with us. Yes, it did find a good – however temporary! – home! I love this stuff!

LiberTEAS

2nd infusion is almost as lovely as the first… the flavors are still intact although they’re a bit softer … smoother. The pepper and ginger pop out a bit more with this cup. Still really delicious and definitely worth the 2nd infusion.

Comments

potatowedges

TeaBrat