Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me a bit of this tisane to try.

The aroma prior to brewing was very light and herbaceous, with hints of mint. After infusion, I noticed a distinct medicinal quality to the aroma as I poured the tisane, in fact, the smell reminds me of vapor rub. Not exactly what I would consider a delicious beverage – vapor rub – but, once I managed to get over the scent of it and actually take a sip, I found myself taking another and another… at first, I think it was mostly curiosity, and then as I continued to sip, I found myself enjoying it.

This isn’t my first Tulsi, but most of the other Tulsi I’ve had have either been a mix of the three types of the Holy Basil, or it has been Rama or Krishna Tulsi, I’ve had very little experience with Vana Tulsi in a pure version of it like this. It has a very powerful aroma, almost off-putting at first, but, now, it is really quite good. Spicy, with notes of of citrus, and lovely hints of mint.

I really like this more than I thought I would when I first smelled the brewed tisane.

Azzrian

This sounds really good!

SimpliciTEA

Certainly sounds interesting.

Comments

Azzrian

This sounds really good!