It always surprises me when I say this about decaffeinated tea, but I’m LOVING this! I have had more than my share of decaffeinated teas that are thin and chemical tasting, but this is NOT one of those. This has such a beautiful, unified flavor … the spices and tea are so well-rounded. Spicy and very comforting! If I had brewed this “blindly” without the knowledge that it is decaffeinated, I would not have been able to tell. It is really, REALLY good.

Jillian

I think it at least partially has to do with the decaffeination method that’s being used. Some of them will leave a taste ‘residue’ while other won’t.

LiberTEAS

I’m certain that is it. I also think that the overall practice has improved greatly since the time I first started exploring decaffeinated teas.

Missy

In my search of all things tea like, I stumbled across how to decaffeinate tea. Since caffeine is soluble, one can simple steep for 20-30 seconds and discard the water. Resteep and you have your decaff tea. I used to drink a lot of coffee so its very hard for me to tell if I am feeling the effects of caffeine or not. I do not have trouble sleeping when I do this but I didn’t have trouble sleeping right after drinking a cup of coffee either.

LiberTEAS

There are some who believe this, I don’t know it to be true. I have read conflicting studies that suggest that this process does not remove all of the caffeine. In fact, if I remember correctly, this was a topic of discussion in the forum at one point.

Anyway, I don’t have difficulty sleeping due to caffeine intake, this was merely a sample that was given to me so I sampled it. :)

Comments

Jillian

Missy