This is a very pleasant Earl Grey rooibos. The rooibos is sweet and slightly nutty but the flavor doesn’t intrude onto the bergamot which is important to me as I LOVE bergamot.

This is remarkably satisfying for a rooibos blend. There is an earthiness to the background that gives it some solidity, it doesn’t taste as rich or strong as a black tea, of course, but it has a certain substance to it … it doesn’t taste thin like some rooibos blends that I’ve tried. This is pretty darned good!

Kittenna

Earl Grey rooibos… interesting! I guess oversteeping wouldn’t be a problem with such a tea? (I seem to often forget about earl greys and steep them too long).

LiberTEAS

@Krystaleyn: No, you can’t really oversteep rooibos because they are low in tannins, so they don’t become bitter. As a general rule, I steep rooibos blends for 10 minutes minimum … unless there’s hibiscus in the blend as well (or tea leaves).

Comments

Kittenna

LiberTEAS