OK… this was the Pu-erh I was a little afraid to try, because I had a feeling it would end up being a very earthy tasting tea. I think it was the “Ripened Aged” part of it, because the tuocha itself doesn’t have that strong, earthy smell to it.

Yes, it is earthy, but, it has a really nice sweetness to it too and that makes it very enjoyable. My first couple of sips I tried without any sweetener and it had a nice, caramel-y kind of sweetness to it, then I tried it with a little turbinado sugar and found that this addition gave the sweetness a molasses-y kind of taste. Very nice.

Amariel

Did you use the whole tuocha? I did with my ripened rose one, though I think some people have been splitting it.

LiberTEAS

yes, I used the whole nest. I probably could have split it, but, I usually don’t.

Comments

Amariel

LiberTEAS