drank Coconut Truffle by Inspired Leaf

I just got finished writing a review of my experience ordering from the Inspired Leaf, you can read that here: http://steepster.com/places/3053-inspired-leaf-online-bend-oregon?visit=1892

As I mentioned in that review, I was shocked that I have this order so quickly. It’s a little less surprising after learning this company is only hours away from me, but it is still impressive that they prepared the order so quickly, and I’m happy to be trying a tea from them now.

This is really yummy. The base is black tea and honeybush, which gives it a nice richness and a pleasing sweetness that offsets some of the astringency, leaving a very mild dry note toward the end of the sip. As the tea cools, I find that the astringency becomes even less noticeable … it wasn’t strong to begin with, but now I notice it even less.

Sweet, deliciously chocolate-y (although, I do find myself wanting more chocolate… then again, when is that not the case?) and a nice coconut tone to this as well. There is dried apple bits in the blend but they are there – I think – primarily for appearance sake and not for flavor because I really don’t taste apple here. Just smooth, sweet, delicious coconut and chocolate, with a pleasing note of black tea and a slight nutty tone from the honeybush.

YUM!

Bonnie

Oh the evil wicked desserty goodness sound of these flavors…uh…can’t stand it!

SimpliciTEA

How fun to get something in the mail sooner than you were expecting!

Inspired Leaf has some very interesting sounding teas (like, Watermelon Lime), great packaging, and some nice looking teapots.

LiberTEAS

I ordered the Watermelon Lime also. Will be trying that one soon. :)

Comments

Bonnie

Oh the evil wicked desserty goodness sound of these flavors…uh…can’t stand it!

SimpliciTEA

How fun to get something in the mail sooner than you were expecting!

LiberTEAS

I ordered the Watermelon Lime also. Will be trying that one soon. :)

I am obsessed with tea!