Decided to start tasting my teas from my steepster select box, starting with this one (mostly because it’s 10:30 pm right now, and I think if I were to brew a cup of guayusa, I’d be up all night).

It’s tasty enough. But, it’s a plain, unflavored, rather boring honeybush. I’m glad it’s organic, as I find that organic tastes better than conventionally grown when it comes to rooibos and honeybush. And it’s … alright. But, I’d have been a much happier camper if it were a flavored honeybush. On it’s own, it’s got basically what I expect from honeybush. I light sweetness, nutty tones and woody notes. Tasty, but nothing all that exciting.

Kittenna

I can’t say I’ve ever tried straight rooibos or honeybush, but I just can’t imagine myself liking them the way I do straight greens/oolongs. I think it must be because I always attribute funky flavours in such blends to the base (which is perhaps unfair!)

Comments

Kittenna

I am obsessed with tea!