drank African Carnival by Shanti Tea

Dry, this is a very visually appealing tisane … and it smells incredible. Very fruity with floral notes. It brews to a golden color, and while the aroma softens quite a bit once it’s brewed, I can still smell that lovely fragrance that I noted before it was brewed. Sweet, fruity, and a whisper of floral tones.

The flavor is very pleasant. I like that this is a green rooibos blend, as I prefer green to red rooibos. It makes for a lighter, fresher tasting cup. The fruit flavors are the strongest here, I taste tangy citrus, sweet peach and a hint of apple. The rose notes are softer at the start, but develop by mid-cup.

Overall, a very enjoyable late-night cup.

I am obsessed with tea!