AMAZINGLY good. So incredibly good. OH my!

The dry leaf is incredibly aromatic, with strong “green” notes – green as in fresh grass clippings and dark, leafy green vegetables. Sweet and fresh and vibrantly green. The brewed tea maintains that strong green scent, although it is softer than that of the dry leaf.

The flavor is sweet. It has a thick (think velvety thick … and soft!) mouthfeel, with a delicious creamy note that melds beautifully with the sweetness. Easily one of the creamiest, sweetest “pure” (aka unflavored) green teas I’ve ever tasted. Smooth and rich and silky, with a mild vegetal tone. There is some astringency to this, but I find that most of it is softened by the creaminess, making the sip from start to finish remarkably smooth and well-rounded.

This may sound weird, but, this reminds me of fresh milk. Not fresh from the grocery store milk, but fresh from the farm milk … not a dairy farm, but, a small, family farm that allows its cows to graze on meadows of grass. Milk that hasn’t been processed or pasteurized or homogenized or any other such thing – just pure, fresh, unadulterated milk where you can still taste hints of the grass. I haven’t had milk like that in many more years than I care to admit to, but, the flavor of this tea brought those delicious memories of visiting my childhood friend’s farm back to me.

Bonnie

I can imagine the flavor of that grassy fresh milk in a bottle! What a beautiful memory! This is a fine tea!

gmathis

Sensory memories are funny, aren’t they? After reading yours, I am smelling my uncle’s dairy farm :)

LiberTEAS

@gmathis – they are indeed funny. I mean, this tea isn’t nearly as rich or creamy as a glass of fresh milk, but, there is just something about how the sweet, creamy flavor brought my mind back to something I hadn’t thought about in years.

Scatterbrain

After reading all the reviews on this, I guess I’m just gonna HAVE to buy it. It’s gonna hurt me to spend that much money on tea, but I’m told it’s worth it so I gotta give it a shot. :)

colinm

I couldn’t quite put my finger on what this was reminding me of, but as soon as I saw you mention “milk” I shouted out “That’s it!”. It’s got that same finish as a good glass of milk.

Comments

Bonnie

gmathis