drank Tummy Tonic by Carytown Teas

I have been enjoying jalapeno chips all evening, and as a result, I now have an upset stomach. I had been holding on to this for a while, hoping for just the right time to try it, and it would appear that time is now.

The flavors are strong … and yet mild and soothing. The ginger and peppermint work together to soften each other out a little bit, curbing the sharper flavors of each, so that the flavor is a mellow ginger and peppermint note, with hints of licorice in the background, every once in a while the licorice surfaces to remind you that it’s there, but, for the most part, it remains a sweet background note. The chamomile isn’t all that strong, but it does offer a pleasing aroma to the cup and I do taste it. It’s very soft but it’s there.

And this is soothing my stomach … I’ve been sipping on it for about a half an hour now, and my tummy no longer feels like it had one too many jalapeno chips (and really, it had quite a few too many! Oh… but they are SO good.) I hope that this will be soothing enough so that I might avoid heartburn. I shall have to let you know.

TeaEqualsBliss

Sororitea Sisters think alike! I had natural Jalapeno Chips yesterday, too! They were GREAT :)

LiberTEAS

I don’t know which type you had, mine were from Deano’s Jalapenos … they were actual thin slices of jalapenos that had been fried and lightly salted. So amazingly good. My review of these will be on my foodie blog … I think later today… if not today, then within the next couple of days.

LiberTEAS

Oh… and PS: No heartburn last night after eating all those Jalapeno chips. This stuff works!

Barb

Ginger, Licorice, peppermint and chamomile? That is indeed a wide-spectrum medicinal! I’ve outlived my ability to consume jalapenos in any form, but I’m impressed by the results you reported.

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Barb