This is an amazing Oolong. It starts out with a distinct vanilla note that melds harmoniously with the natural creamy notes of the Oolong, it almost tastes like a cream filled pastry! As I continued to sip, I noticed a savory honeysuckle note emerge, as well as some Saffron-like flavors. The first cup of infusions 1 & 2 were primarily all about the creamy flavors, vanilla sweetness and so smooth and rich.

The second cup (infusions 3 & 4) were less creamy, but the creamy notes were still present, just not as strong as in the first cup. I began to notice a herbaceous quality emerge, and the honeysuckle-like notes became more of an orchid-like flavor. More floral, this time, less creamy, but still very good.

The third cup (infusions 5 & 6) was so different from the first cup that it is hard to believe that they are the same tea! The creaminess is pretty much gone at this point, but the floral notes are strong, and the vegetative notes have emerged slightly. This is also where I began to notice the fruit tones which are somewhat tropical. The tasting notes from Verdant suggest a juicy mango kind of taste, and I get that comparison, but this tastes more like a medley of tropical fruit rather than a distinct mango note.

An amazing Tieguanyin… AMAZING!

The Purrfect Cup

This one is a def. favorite! Glad you liked it too…must reorder soon.

SimpliciTEA

Great review. “it almost tastes like a cream filled pastry!” How amazing is that!

E Alexander Gerster

Definitely an amazing Tieguanyin! It has a freshness of flavors, and the floral qualities in the first few steeps are well balanced and transform nicely to the fruity creaminess in later steepings. Thanks for sharing your great reviews… :)

The Purrfect Cup

Just got a sample of this with my recent Verdant order! :)

Comments

The Purrfect Cup

This one is a def. favorite! Glad you liked it too…must reorder soon.

SimpliciTEA

E Alexander Gerster

The Purrfect Cup

Just got a sample of this with my recent Verdant order! :)

I am obsessed with tea!