The description suggests that every cup of this tea is a mystery. Right now, as it is still very hot, I taste sweet, malty tones and a hint of bergamot. It is very robust. I can smell the jasmine notes wafting out of the cup but I don’t really taste it. As I continue to sip (carefully, as I don’t wish to burn my tongue!) I notice hints of jasmine develop.

As it cools, a freshly baked bread taste emerges. The bergamot seems to be waning, as if it is drifting off into the distance. The jasmine that started to develop at the start seems to have distanced itself as well. Now, I taste mostly black tea – rich and bold with a fair amount of astringency.

I am obsessed with tea!