I’ve had six infusions of this tea thus far, and all have been incredible. The sixth was my favorite, because the tea has become remarkably smooth by this point, the flavors are seamless. Sweet, savory and delectable. Juicy, smoky, earthy, and slightly vegetative. The first couple of infusions had a very honey-esque note to them, but with the second infusion, I noticed that the honey was becoming a softer flavor and a sweet floral note seemed to be emerging. The third – fifth infusions were very similar to the second, with each subsequent infusion becoming smoother, until this sixth when I notice an incredibly smooth, rich cup.

This tea is by no means done. However, I do think I’ll put the leaves aside for now, and try a different tea for a bit… and come back to these later. It’s going to be a late night for me tonight, as hubby has to work very late, but, fortunately he is off work tomorrow so we can sleep in!

I’ll be back to this one in a bit.

Bonnie

Amazing experience and such fortitude! Up to 20 steepings indeed! Superb!

Bonnie

I still have some left, will have to have more soon!

Comments

Bonnie

Amazing experience and such fortitude! Up to 20 steepings indeed! Superb!

Bonnie

I still have some left, will have to have more soon!

I am obsessed with tea!

I am a co-founder of the SororiTEA Sisters:

I no longer write for the SororiTea Sisters but I am still the admin for the blog.

The reason I’m no longer writing for SororiTea Sisters is because I am now the Mad Tea Artist for 52Teas:

I’ll still be posting occasional reviews on teas here on Steepster, mostly backlogged reviews because I’m way behind on getting reviews posted. That’s why I’m keeping two accounts active at the current time – so that I can get those backlogged reviews posted.

I also am intrigued by flavored teas with an unusual or unique flavor combination, which is why I was very excited to be the Mad Tea Artist of 52Teas!

Vancouver, WA