The second infusion is noteworthy because the tones have all softened. Not really lightened as in diminished, but softened as in become quite harmonious with one another … melding into a more unified flavor that is floral and sweet and soft and creamy. I think I like this second infusion even better than the first.

Bonnie

Think you and I are the only ones up late! It started to smell like Lapsang Souchong again so I put on a raincoat and went outside. The wind is up and shifted the smoke from the fire and is blowing it off the mountains and down here. Thick! I go out and watch the water drops at the end of the street on the hills behind me. Hard to go to sleep with the smoke in the house and the smell. You can’t lock it out! Hope you get some sleep!

CHAroma

I lie your clarification of the difference between softened and lightened. Very helpful!

Comments

Bonnie

CHAroma

I am obsessed with tea!

I am a co-founder of the SororiTEA Sisters:

I no longer write for the SororiTea Sisters but I am still the admin for the blog.

The reason I’m no longer writing for SororiTea Sisters is because I am now the Mad Tea Artist for 52Teas:

I’ll still be posting occasional reviews on teas here on Steepster, mostly backlogged reviews because I’m way behind on getting reviews posted. That’s why I’m keeping two accounts active at the current time – so that I can get those backlogged reviews posted.

I also am intrigued by flavored teas with an unusual or unique flavor combination, which is why I was very excited to be the Mad Tea Artist of 52Teas!

Vancouver, WA